When Should You Get Married? Part 1 - Spring and Summer Weddings
Planning your wedding is one of the most exciting times of your life. One of your first considerations in the planning process should be when the wedding will take place. Spring and summer are the most popular seasons for weddings, and for good reason. However, there are still some drawbacks to having a wedding during these seasons. Here's what you need to know to decide if spring or summer is right for your upcoming nuptials.
- The chill of winter is gone, and warmer weather is on the way. This means that your guests won't have to worry as much about their attire, as the weather can accommodate most fine clothing.
- Children will still be in school at this time of the year, and this may make it difficult for guests with kids to attend. The farther in advance that you can send out the invitations, the more likely it will be that they will be able to make arrangements to be able to show up.
- At this time of year, even though the weather is starting to warm up, rain is still common in many locales. If you plan a wedding at this time of year, you need to take into account the fact that the weather may disrupt your plans. Be sure to have a backup plan in place in case of inclement weather.
- This is a popular time of year for weddings, so you may have difficulty booking your preferred vendors and venues. Do your best to reserve everything well in advance to ensure you are able to get the dates and times you want.
- Mother's Day and Memorial Day are extremely busy weekends, so make sure to plan around them when choosing your date.
- You'll enjoy the warmest weather of the year for a summer wedding, which means that your guests will have the most flexibility in terms of what they want to wear. This is especially important for non-traditional wedding styles where the attire is more casual.
- Children are off school during the summer, so guests who have kids will find it easier to plan around their little ones' schedules. As always, the farther in advance you can send out invitations, the easier it will be for your guests to make time.
- Summer is one of the more popular seasons for weddings, so again, it may be challenging to find vendors when you want them.
- If you plan to wear an ornate dress, the weather may be a bit warm for your comfort. Looser, more flowy clothing is better for this time of year, so this could impact your dress choice.
- Make sure to plan around any holidays or popular wedding weekends during the summer, such as the first weekend in June, the 4th of July weekend, and Labor Day weekend.
Find Your Perfect Dress for Any Season
Here at The Perfect Bride, we have everything you need to plan your dream wedding in terms of clothing. From bridal gowns to bridesmaids dresses to attire for the mother of the bride, you'll find exactly what you need among our options. Browse through our selection today to get inspired.