Hunting for the perfect gown can be an exciting experience, and your wedding dress consultant is here to help you along the way. However, do you know the best way to prepare for your appointment or actually shop? Here are a few tips from wedding dress consultants that they'd like you to know.
What Does Your Wedding Dress Consultant Want You to Know?
1. Always try to make an appointment. Now that you have booked your appointment, it's important to keep it (and be on time). Not only is being timely the polite thing to do, but it also ensures that you'll have the time and attention you need when searching for the perfect dress.
2. Bring a couple of your nearest and dearest, not an entourage. This day is about you. A large group can be a big distraction and in most cases, it can only cause more confusion. When it's time to find the perfect gown, bringing a few close friends or family that know you well will ease the process — a best friend, trusted sister, and your mother are the usual suspects. Regardless of who you bring, be true to you and trust your instincts.
3. Be sparse with your makeup when trying on dresses. You don't need to make a mess on the dresses you are trying on, and you don't want to have to worry about it happening. Shop without a care, and leave the face bare.
4. Don't try on every dress see. You have an idea of what you want, and what looks good on your body. Try on a few dresses and the ones that the wedding consultant suggests. Allow yourself time to shop for the perfect dress, and also enough of a period to try the gowns on. Getting in and out of a bridal gown can take some work, so plan your time wisely.
5. What goes on under your wedding gown is essential. Undergarments are vital to creating the perfect silhouette for your perfect day. Whether it's a corset, girdle, or Spanx, come prepared with anything you plan to wear under your dress. In addition, it's a good idea to bring strapless and nude bras, nice underwear, and shoes around the height you might want to wear on your wedding day (unless, of course, your wedding will be on the beach and everyone will be in flip-flops or bare feet).
What are Reasonable Expectations?
1. Not every bride cries when she finally finds her dress. You may have cried when you met the one you are set to marry. However, not all brides have a Hollywood reaction when they find the dress they'll be walking down the aisle in next to the one giving them away. Give yourself a break, and enjoy the Eureka moment.
2. Know it may take longer than a couple of weeks to get your gown. If it is custom made, it is going to take time to make it. Right here is the best place to note that you should also plan on spending 10-20 percent more for dress alterations and modifications. Plan, and pad the budget for this, because you don't want a gorgeous wedding dress that doesn't fit you properly.
If you have any questions, please call The Perfect Bride at 440-331-5113, or leave a comment/question. If you find this helpful, please give us a good review on Google!